Big Search

Thursday, August 13, 2026

The Ultimate Purpose of AI


I want AI and related technologies to change our world for the better; to narrow digital divides; to expand human flourishing; and to enhance faith, moral clarity, human meaning, and possibility.

I see artificial intelligence not only as a massively consequential technological development, but also as a profoundly significant moral opportunity to reflect on who we are and to determine how we act in today’s world. In this transformative era, I invite us to remember signpost truths.

As children of a loving God, we possess moral agency and the capacity for covenant community. We’re responsible and accountable for our choices. Our choices shape our judgment, character, and personal growth. We each have divine worth and dignity. Compassion and integrity are hallmarks of human trust, and for believers, manifest the way, the truth, and the life offered by discipleship in Jesus Christ. When we truly understand who we are, we can approach AI and other new technologies with greater confidence, purpose, and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment