Big Search

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Other times we are grateful when it is time for our release....It will be OK, Brother Andersen. We will call her, and we will release you.

 We all willingly serve. Sometimes we feel underwhelmed with our calling and wish we were asked to do more. Other times we are grateful when it is time for our release. We do not determine the callings we receive.24 I learned this lesson early in my marriage. As a young couple, my wife, Kathy, and I lived in Florida. One Sunday a counselor in the stake presidency explained to me that they felt impressed to call Kathy as an early-morning seminary teacher.

“How will we do it?” I asked. “We have small children, seminary begins at 5:00 a.m., and I am the ward Young Men president.”

The counselor smiled and said, “It will be OK, Brother Andersen. We will call her, and we will release you.”

And that is what happened.


October 2013 General Conference, Neil L. Anderson, Power in the Priesthood

No comments:

Post a Comment