Big Search

Sunday, April 22, 2018

The young rich man came running...Nazareth was a little place, And so was Galilee.

The young rich man came "running " to the Savior (Mark 10:17), because he knew (Mark 10:18), but ultimately he turned from following him. Nearly every time I think of this I am reminded of this poem recounted by Thomas S. Monson:


Our appointed task may appear insignificant, unnecessary, unnoticed. Some may be tempted to question:

“Father, where shall I work today?”

And my love flowed warm and free.

Then he pointed out a tiny spot

And said, “Tend that for me.”

I answered quickly, “Oh no, not that!

Why, no one would ever see,

No matter how well my work was done.

Not that little place for me.”

And the word he spoke, it was not stern; …

“Art thou working for them or for me?

Nazareth was a little place,

And so was Galilee.”

Meade MacGuire, “Father, Where Shall I Work Today?” in Best-Loved Poems of the LDS People, comp. Jack M. Lyon and others (1996), 152.


Your Personal Influence, Thomas S. Monson, April 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment