Big Search

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Often I have wondered why some people struggle from the moment they come into this life until the day that they die while others seem to breeze through life with few troubles and cares. How can this be fair?

Everybody is given a different lot in life. Often I have wondered why some people struggle from the moment they come into this life until the day that they die while others seem to breeze through life with few troubles and cares. How can this be fair? This question was ever present as I met babushky in Eastern Europe. There was always a sweet peace among these beautiful woman. They emulate Christlike attributes. They serve and lift others. Many of them lived through famine, war, occupation, oppression, revolution and economic collapse...multiple times. I found myself counting my blessings and wondering why my life compared to theirs what so much easier. How could lives lived at the same time in history be so different just because of the spot of ground in the planet they were born?
This morning while reading the scriptures, I read the following verses and had thought.
Jacob Chapter 5
21 And it came to pass that the servant said unto his master: How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or this branch of the tree? For behold, it was the poorest spot in all the land of thy vineyard.
22 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto him: Counsel me not; I knew that it was a poor spot of ground; wherefore, I said unto thee, I have nourished it this long time, and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth much fruit.
23 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard said unto his servant: Look hither; behold I have planted another branch of the tree also; and thou knowest that this spot of ground was poorer than the first. But, behold the tree. I have nourished it this long time, and it hath brought forth much fruit; therefore, gather it, and lay it up against the season, that I may preserve it unto mine own self.
My thought. There are different spots of ground where the Lord has planted His vineyard-some better and some worse. I love that the the Lord knew this and so He spends time in the poor spots—“I have nourished it this long time.” I believe God is always near especially where the most help is needed.
I also believe that where much is given, much is required. It is our duty to be instruments in God’s hand to help and lift others. I am so grateful to have been born in a family with a loving father and mother. I feel so blessed to live in a country of freedoms and prosperity. I am blessed to have had the opportunity for excellent education and work opportunities. I hope to wear out my life serving and lifting others.

No comments:

Post a Comment