Big Search

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Sabbath Day Observance--What Sign Do I Want to Give to God?

How do we hallow the Sabbath day? In my much younger years, I studied the work of others who had compiled lists of things to do and things not to do on the Sabbath. It wasn’t until later that I learned from the scriptures that my conduct and my attitude on the Sabbath constituted a sign between me and my Heavenly Father.12 With that understanding, I no longer needed lists of dos and don’ts. When I had to make a decision whether or not an activity was appropriate for the Sabbath, I simply asked myself, “What sign do I want to give to God?” That question made my choices about the Sabbath day crystal clear.
Russell M. Nelson,  "The Sabbath Is a Delight", April 2015 General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment