Big Search

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baptized Too Soon? And Retaining A Remission of My Sins

I remember when I was “[baptized] by immersion for the remission of sins.”15 That was appealing. I assumed that all my past mistakes were now washed away, and if I never made any more mistakes in my life, I would be clean. This I resolved to do. Somehow it did not turn out that way. I found that I made mistakes, not intentionally, but I made them. I once foolishly thought maybe I was baptized too soon. I did not understand that the ordinance of the sacrament, administered by you of the Aaronic Priesthood, is in fact a renewing of the covenant of baptism and the reinstating of the blessings connected with it. I did not see, as the revelations tell us, that I could “retain a remission of [my] sins.”16


Author: Boyd K. Packer
Title: Counsel to Young Men
Where: Ensign, May 2009, 49–52

No comments:

Post a Comment