Big Search

Friday, October 13, 2023

Thou art my dear child in whom I delight. Keep going.

 We become covenant children of God and inheritors of His kingdom, especially when we identify ourselves completely with the covenant.

The term covenant path refers to a series of covenants whereby we come to Christ and connect to Him. Through this covenant bond, we have access to His eternal power. The path begins with faith in Jesus Christ and repentance, followed by baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ showed us how to enter the path when He was baptized. According to the New Testament Gospel accounts in Mark and Luke, Heavenly Father spoke directly to Jesus at His baptism, saying, “Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.” When we embark on the covenant path through baptism, I can imagine Heavenly Father saying a similar thing to each of us: “Thou art my dear child in whom I delight. Keep going.

April 2023
Relief Society and Elders Quorum
Dale G. Renlund

No comments:

Post a Comment