Big Search

Thursday, August 20, 2020

We Can Pray for Our Leaders

 We can pray for our leaders. Paul wrote:

“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

“For kings, and for all that are in authority.” (1 Tim. 2:1–2.)

We will develop loyalty to country and to the laws that govern us if we so pray. And we will develop love and faith in our Church leadership, and our children will come to respect them. For one can hardly be critical of Church officers if honest prayers are offered for them. It is a joy to me that all my life I have sustained my leaders, prayed for their welfare. And in recent years, I have felt a great power coming to me because of similar prayers of the Saints, raised to heaven in my behalf.

Spencer W. Kimball
Teachings of Presidents

No comments:

Post a Comment