Big Search

Saturday, February 2, 2019

I never did let an opportunity pass of getting with the Prophet Joseph and of hearing him speak

The Prophet delivered many discourses in Nauvoo, and Church members loved to hear him, for he taught the revealed truths of the gospel with power. Angus M. Cannon recalled: “I never heard him speak when it did not electrify my whole being and make my whole soul glorify the Lord.” Brigham Young declared: “I never did let an opportunity pass of getting with the Prophet Joseph and of hearing him speak in public or in private, so that I might draw understanding from the fountain from which he spoke, that I might have it and bring it forth when it was needed. … Such moments were more precious to me than all the wealth of the world.”


No comments:

Post a Comment